Tuesday 30 December 2014

Goodbye 2014


 Now we are almost ready to say goodbye to 2014 and say hello to 2015



Don't know where this year went, so fast



The girls really enjoyed decorating their gingerbread man and the house. I bought the kit and to tell you honestly they looked good but the taste was nothing like gingerbread. Next year no more readymade kit but I rather make everything from scratch.



Homemade is definitely much better. I am glad for Olivia's birthday I baked a banana cake at home. So much tastier and fun!


 
 
Wow! can't believe Olivia is thirteen now! Well even though officially only now, but we had been experiencing some teenage behaviour already from last year. Guess this is normal, please tell me yes.
 

I made a bunting too but left it too late and had a bit of panic attach just the day before as I forgot to write the alphabets wrong way and ran out of bondaweb. So I had to cut around fabrics again and hand sew them to the bunting. Phew!


It is so nice to see the girls bonding more and more everyday


This year I have done a awfull lot of knitting and sewing. I knitted little Emily the leg warmers. At one point I was not sure if I will finish all this before Christmas. They have been used every day almost while playing outdoors. I might have to knit a few more next year.


This is a simple cable knit leg warmer which started here.


Boxing day we got snow.


The next day we went to Ilam. Santa Claus must have known it was going to snow. The wooden sledge for the girls.


Ilam looked so pretty.


Olivia and Emily on their new sledge. Thank you Santa Claus.


Seemed like Olivia liked the wooden one more


And little Emily preferred the old red plastic sledge.


I did not manage to take any photo's of this wooly trouser while I was knitting because I just wanted to finish then in time before Christmas. But here it is. Finished and Emily nice and warm in it. She could wear it on top of her tracks. Cosy!


Sledging with daddy was fun.


Snack time.



And yes! My very first fair isle vest was complete too in time.


I am really pleased with it and the last finished knitting project was my hat with left over yarns.


The grey yarn is the same from Olivia's hat. I bought way too much. Emily's leg warmer were the same yarn too.


Looking back we had a good year. lots of crafty projects. Good time was spent with family and friends and now looking forward to a brand new year. New projects and definitely want to start painting more again. The last three years were a bit slow with my painting but Emily is 3 now and I do get a lot more time for myself.






Wishing you all bloggers a very happy new year and please do pop in my space next year. I will be visiting my painting studio a lot more next year but continue still with my crafty projects.
Honeysuckle studio
xxx