Tuesday 30 September 2014

A Passion for Colour













News! 

My solo exhibition titled "Entrancing Form and Colour" is up at the Derby Cathedral Cafe/shop today!! The exhibition can be seen in the Sir Richard Morris Lounge from tomorrow October 1 - 31st, Monday to Saturday, 9am to 5pm

After the exhibition was up, I went straight to get my copy of the Derby shire Magazine. I got a very good coverage in the magazine and also in the local Arts Beat magazine. I was very happy last year to have been offered this place for exhibition, while I was exhibiting at the Derby shire Arts Festival. 
I did not want to do too many exhibitions this year, as Emily is still so little, and I don't find too much time for my paintings. But I am definitely looking forward to do few more next year as she is nearly three and soon will start going five mornings to nursery. Knitting or doing little craft work is easy, but for painting I really need to switch off from the outside word, be on my own in my studio. Just me, my canvas and colours. Anyway, for now I am happy and feel lucky to be able to this much at least.
Please do go and have a closer look at my work if you happen to be around Derby.