Friday 29 August 2014

Nearly September


















August is almost over. The colour of the leaves are changing already. Big plans are made every year for my kitchen garden, but we had a very busy summer with lots of different things and little camping trips. So it got a bit neglected. It did provide lots of good meals to the slugs, our two hens and a bunny. I am not complaining. I also managed to make few jars of chutneys, jams and apple pies. Some herbs which bolted also made it to my mantle piece in a little vase. Lots of sunny days have been enjoyed this summer. Little one loves to play outdoors and feed the pets. I had countless number of tea and coffee with just a few rows of knitting. Summer was good. Now is just the right time to hold something warmer in my hand. Something other than my cups of coffee. A crochet hook or knitting needle and some cosy yarn. Yes that's what I felt I wanted to hold in my hand. So I have started a new project. No, I haven't finished my previous Cardigan which I started a while ago, neither Olivia's knitted blanket but I wanted something new. There is nothing like going in the yarn shop and adding some more to my old stash. Olivia asked me to knit her a jumper. Pale, a bit cropped up with long sleeves. So I have a new project. Now I am happy but still have to finish labelling my paintings, as Melbourne Art Festival is not far. I am not panicking at all.